Occasionally you may experience a circumstance where Cydia won’t quit “Reloading Data”. You now have some Cydia Refresh Problems and we can help troubleshoot this!
Causes of Cydia Refresh Problems:
To start with lets look at the main causes to refresh issues in Cydia. There are four main reasons why your phone is not refreshing properly:
- You have to many repros installed (ask yourself if you need them all!)
- Some repros need online access, check your connection are you using a hotspot that needs to be logged in?
- Many Packages access the Cydia store for updates these can cause hangs
- Buggy Repros!
With all these issues it easy to see how there can be a problem. So how to go about fixing it ?
First Investigate why Cydia has not refreshed!
Ok so now we know what the main causes are lets go ahead and take out the offending repro(s)
Fixing a Stuck Data Issue
- Make sure you have a good data connection
- Launch your Cydia App
- Select sources from the end of the list
- Find any sources with an issue (spinning wheel!)
- End the stuck sources – write down any sources that are problems as you are going to delete them and you want to remember which are going
- Slide the name of the source left to reveal the delete button – delete every source causing problems.
Ok so its not ideal having to delete repos, but at the moment its the only way to manage them. Until there is a disable repro button that is!
If you have any other Cydia Refresh Problems please leave a comment below!