Download Cydia for iOS 7 and 8 and how to Install Cydia Download
Cydia is your door to a whole world of free apps, games and unique themes for your iPhone, iPad and even iPod Touches. Free from the limits that Apple put on your device.
This is all available through simply and quickly jailbreaking your phone, and installing an app much like the Apple Store. Word of warning though as Apple issues upgrades to their iOS operating systems then new jailbreaks have to be released. If you are on a latest update then you may have to wait a little longer to access the delights of Cydia.
What is Jailbreaking?
Apple has put limitations on your phone to limit your access to key files and folders. If you have a PC then you will be familiar with how you can go into any system folder and change files and settings. This can be harmful to your computer if you are in experianced. To prevent this happening in iOS apple locks these files. A jailbreak is simply giving the user access to all these files in a process called Rooting. For a jailbreak to be successful it has to access the root flies that make up your device. Word of warning though, power is nothing with out control. Your phone may be at more risk of viruses or attack as you have lowered some of the safeguards that Apple have put in place.
However the Jailbreak community is huge and some very smart people are looking to overcome the updates and issue new cracks. The challenge is not the jailbreak, its providing simple tools to allow a novice (like me!) to use it.
How to Jailbreak your Phone prior to installing Cydia:
If you want to jailbreak your phone quickly and easily I recommend using a low cost paid service. They do a fantastic job of providing a safe installation that won’t end up ‘bricking’ your phone this site, the Jailbreak Shop does a great job for only a few $$$
Now you should have a jailbreak phone, next thing to do is to download and install Cydia. This is a simple process and can be done for all iOS based devices, ie phones, tablets and iPods.
How to Download and Install Cydia:
As more and more people install cydia (almost a million people a month search for cydia ddownloads the apps just get better and better. Lets look at how you can join them.
Easy Cydia Download and Installation with Pangu upto iOS8
If you didn’t go for the paid service, maybe you are comfortable with using Pangu to install the jailbreak. Its a simple process, however you need to follow the instructions carefully.
The steps to using Pangu to Jailbreak your iphone are:
- Perfom a full Backup your iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPod Touch or any iOS 8 devices with iTunes. This is incase things go wrong with the Cydia installation.
- Download Pangu jailbreak tools online from the official website to either a Windows PC or Mac. Go ahead and install it like any other application
- Use your standard USB to Connect your iOS 8 device to your computer. Fire up Pangu it will automatically detect your device.
- Pangu will install new firmware on your device: Click restore to start the process.
- This is important you need to disable a few features before commencing the break:
- AutoLock: go to Settings -> General -> Auto-Lock. Select NEVER. This will disable the auto-lock.
- Pass Code: go to Settings -> General -> Passcode Lock. Select OFF.
- Find My iPod go to Settings -> iCloud -> Find My iPhone / Find My iPad / Find My iPod. Disable it.
- Finally If you are jailbreaking an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5, or iPhone 4S/4, set it to Airplane Mode.
Next step is to open Pangu again and click Start Jailbreak. This will open up the new world of a fresh Jailbreak device. To start with you will notice very little difference. To really make the most of the access you need to add in some apps. This is where you add in Cydia.
Download Cydia with Jailbreak Apps
Becuase the jailbreak community is so fast moving it doesn’t matter if you are rolling iOS 5 or iOS 8. All operating systems can be broken, and all work with cydia. We went through the Pangu app earlier, however these downloads work the same way and include the Cydia installation bundled in with the Jailbreak. what could be easier?
Evasi0n –Evasi0n is one of the latest and also one of the most popular jailbreak tools today. Evasi0n was first released in February 2013 and now the evasi0n7 has just released for iOS 7.
Absinthe – Absinthe is one of the most frequent mentioned names when it comes to jailbreak. It was released on May 2012 and also receives a lot of good feedback.
Redsn0w – Redsn0w another easy and quick way to install Cydia
Seas0npass – Looking to also untether your phone? This seasonpass be the one for you!
JailbreakMe – an older method of breaking your phones, JailbreakMe still works, but newer apps (like those above) are more popular and supported.
Prefer to Download Cydia Manually?
The aforementioned programs are just a few popular way to download Cydia on an iOS device. There are other alternatives you can try too. However, if you prefer to download Cydia manually to your iOS device, these are a few easy steps to follow. You can also follow these steps to reinstall Cydia if you accidentally deleted the application.
- Make sure you have a jailbroken phone!
- This is where it gets a bit technical. You have to download the files and install them yourself so grab the most uptodate and stable Cydia DEB file. You can find a copy at this link I like to save it to the desktop of my Macbook, although it does work withe the PC.
- You need to transfer your files via SFTP software. I use cyberduck for the mac. Filezilla works well for Windows users.
- Copy the DEB file you downloaded and transfer it it to your iOS device. The target is /private/var/mobile/documents/.
- The DEB works as a zip file. Tap it and select Installer. This will expand the archive and install it. Simply tap Done to finish.
- Go to the home screen, and if you have done this correctly the Cydia Logo will be there for you ready to shop!
- So thats it. How to take a normal phone, jailbreak it install Cydia and start exploring just what the amazing Apple Hardware is capable of.
If you have any questions please log in an leave a comment. This site is packed with news information and tips on how to download and install Cydia for iOS 8.
Please feel free to explore!